The Palliative Care Service is available for clients within the Shire of Southern Grampians and Casterton. Clients can be seen in their homes, hospital or in residential care facilities. Services provided include:
- Clinical assessment and individual care provision and consultations
- Symptom management in association with the GP
- In-home nursing
- Terminal care
- Provision of physical, emotional, spiritual and social support for client & carers
- Referral to Specialist Nursing & Allied health Services as required
- Provision of 24 hour on call
- Equipment on loan for client care
- Written information for clients and carers living with a life threatening illness
- Trained volunteers to provide support, companionship whilst carers have some time out
- Grief and Bereavement Support for carers and client
- Education programs for health professionals, general public, volunteers and carers
- Advance Care Planning
8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Palliative Care: Tel: 03 5551 8359
DNS: Tel: 03 5551 8352
Support After Business Hours
The District Nursing Service provides cover from 4.30pm to 8.00pm weekdays and 8am to 8pm weekends and public holidays.
Local patients residing within the Hamilton town boundary can access an on-call service from 8pm- 8am weekdays by phoning 03 5551 8786- This goes to Caritas Christi.
Regional patients can access the regional on-call service outside of Palliative Care rostered hours by telephoning 03 5551 8786. Please note this is a telephone advice service only.
- Hamilton House
- Allied Health Centre
- Tyers Street
- Hamilton Vic 3300
- Palliative Care Australia http://www.palliativecare.org.au/
- Aboriginal resources https://www.pallcarevic.asn.au/healthcare-professionals/cultural-safety/...
- Brochure - Aboriginal Palliative Care Leaflet
- LGBTI https://www.caresearch.com.au/caresearch/tabid/1290/Default.aspx
- Community Languages https://www.pallcarevic.asn.au/families-patients/community-languages/
- WDHS Advance Care Planning https://wdhs.net/advance-care-planning
Last updated: 18 June, 2018
Inpatients- referrals to be sent via TrakCare to the Palliative Care Service. Must preceded by a phone call if urgent.
Outpatients- referrals may be made through the treating general practitioner or directly to the Palliative Care Service.