Smoking Cessation Services are provided by the Respiratory Educator. The Respiratory Educator is available to anyone who is thinking about stopping smoking. The Facilitator is able to offer resources, information, advice and support about the best options for you to help in your quit attempt.
The Respiratory Educator will tailor an individual program for each client wishing to quit cigarette smoking depending on their individual needs.
Other services provided include education in the form of:
- Regional education to other health care staff
- Presentations for community groups
All potential referrals must be discussed with the client/carer and consent must be obtained (this includes internal referrals). Internal referrals are those where the client has never previously used the service being referred to, or has not used the service being referred to in the last 12 months.
- Internal referrals via Trakcare (only applicable whilst the patient is in hospital)
- PPH / Shire Referrals via Service Coordination Tool Templates (SCTT). Receipt of referral will be acknowledged.
- GP’s, Physicians or other community based services – via email, MR000 Form, SCTT, the Victorian Statewide Referral Form or telephone. Receipt of referral will be acknowledged.
- Self-referral by any member of the community.
Last updated: 18 February, 2016