The cancer support group is open to people with cancer, family, friends and support people. Group members come from a cross-section of the community, a diversity of age and type of illness. People from the community of all ages are welcome to attend.
The group offers:
• The opportunity to have contact with other people affected by cancer
• Encouragement, empathy and understanding
• Mutual support for people with cancer and their family members
• The opportunity to discuss feelings and concerns
• Social outings and friendships
• Access to information regarding cancer and related topics
• Guest speakers with specialist knowledge
Meetings are usually held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month in the Activity Room at the Frances Hewett Community Centre. A small fee is charged to cover refreshments. Contact the Coordinator for further information.
Tel: 03 5551 8450
Fax: 03 5572 5371