What is Advance Care Planning?
Advance Care Planning is a process to help you plan your medical care in advance so if you become too unwell to make decisions for yourself, your wishes can still be respected by your health care team, your family and carers.
“On the journey of life, it is ok for me to stop and ask directions”
How can Advance Care Planning help you?
Imagine you became very sick and couldn’t talk to your doctor or family about your treatment.
Your plan will help them decide what the best option will be based on your choices.
Planning ahead can make things easier for you and the people you care about.
Advance Care Planning can involve the following steps:
If we know your choices we can respect them.
If you want further information about end of life decision making, talk to your doctor or other treating health professionals or visit Advance Care Planning Australia website at http://advancecareplanning.org.au/
What can I do?
- Download Advance Care Directive for Adults
- Download Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker
- Download Appointment of Support Person Form
- Download - Take Control (Office of the Public Advocate)
- Download - Role of the Medical Support Person (Office of the Public Advocate)
Last updated: 24 May 2018