The Community Liaison Department connects Western District Health Service with the people of our community. It has developed strong links with service clubs, community organisations and volunteer groups. It forms key partnerships with the corporate sector and develops and maintains positive relationships with the families of the Western District.
Community Liaison is the first point of contact for members of the community wishing to receive WDHS publications, visit our facilities, make a donation or become involved in volunteering for the health service. It is the first point of contact for media and is responsible for informing the community on all aspects of the health service’s activities, achievements and challenges. Community Liaison’s role is varied and includes:
- managing fundraising events and functions
- coordinating donations and bequests
- submitting applications to philanthropic trusts and foundations
- managing WDHS fundraising appeals
- conducting tours of WDHS facilities, which include school and kinder visits
- supporting the ladies’ auxiliary committees
- recruiting and training the many volunteers who support the organization and coordinating their many various activities
- promotion of WDHS throughout the region using all forms of media
- producing health service brochures
- producing the twice-yearly community newsletter and WDHS annual report
- maintaining WDHS website news and events
- maintaining patient information guides for hospital patients
- maintaining the WDHS Admissions DVD and booklet
Annual events coordinated by the Department include:
- Cocktails in the Courtyard
- Hospital Door Knock appeal
- Murray to Moyne cycle relay
- Annual Hamilton Vitality Fun Run
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Christmas Appeal
The Community Liaison Department is located opposite the Education Centre. It can be accessed directly via the entrance to the Education Centre off Kitchener Street or the front reception of the Hamilton Base Hospital.
No referral is required.