The Adult Day Activity and Support Service (ADASS) is a Home and Community Care (HACC) funded service, which aims to enhance the lives of aged, frail and disabled residents in our community by providing social interaction and access to a large range of services.
It is a great way of making new friends, keeping active and enjoying the company of others in a relaxed, informal and friendly environment. ADASS fills many needs for people as they experience loss of independence, isolation and loneliness. Learning and being active renews life interests and brings joy and happiness. A large variety of activities are provided, including:
- Outings – Hamilton and surrounding areas
- Guest Speakers – Health promotion, Travel, local interests
- Theme Days –Countries around the world, special dates – Races, Australia Day, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s / Father’s Day, Christmas, Easter
- School Visits – We attend concerts, art shows, and regularly do ‘Buddy’ activities with Primary School students
- Reminiscing – so many interesting stories
- Music and sing-a-longs with local musicians
- Art and Craft
- Special celebrations and luncheons
A small fee may be charged to assist in covering transport, morning and afternoon tea, course lunch and various activities for the day.
Coleraine Planned Activity Group Coordinator
03 5553 2030
Referrals are accepted from any source. This group is open to the community.