Graduate programs are available for both Registered and Enrolled Nurses at Western District Health Service (WDHS). The Programs operate across all facilities of WDHS and are carefully planned and integrated to consolidate nursing skills, knowledge and professional awareness under the supervision and guidance of experienced and competent nurses.
Graduate nurses will be provided with a broad range of clinical experiences throughout the year with rotations available in acute, emergency, rural and aged care sectors.
Both Registered and Enrolled Nursing Programs are designed to provide the graduate with:
- A structured and challenging clinical experience in a supportive environment
- Increased career satisfaction and better patient care by assisting participants with a smooth transition from student to beginning pratitioner
- Opportunities to gain exposure and experience in a variety of health care settings
- Broadening clinical skills for future career pathways
- Consolidation of knowledge and skills with successful integration into clinical practice
- Organisational and prioritisation
- An understanding of clinical risk management and preventative strategies in the workplace
- Regular formal and informal feedback
Refer to the below video and documents for futher information.
If you have any queries contact the Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator on (03) 555 18028.
Graduate Nurse Program: Registered Nurse
Graduate Nurse Program: Enrolled Nurse