Graduate programs are available for both Registered and Enrolled Nurses. The Programs operate across all facilities of WDHS and are carefully planned and integrated to consolidate nursing skills and increase professional awareness under the supervision and guidance of experienced and competent nurses.
Graduate nurses will be provided with a broad range of clinical experiences throughout the acute and aged care settings with rotations available in the acute hospital, emergency department, a rural hospital and aged care facilities.
Both Registered and Enrolled Nursing Programs are designed to provide the graduate with:
- A structured and challenging clinical experience in a supportive environment
- Increased career satisfaction and better patient care by assisting participants with a smooth transition from student to graduate
- Opportunities to gain exposure and experience in a variety of health care settings to broaden clinical skills for future career pathways
- Consolidation of knowledge and skills with successful integration into clinical practice
- Organisational and prioritisation skills
- An understanding of clinical risk management in the workplace and preventative strategies associated with risk management
- Regular feedback of progress and formal appraisals
For further information please see the documents below. If you have any queries contact the Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator on (03) 555 18028.