Hamilton is located 3.5 hours drive from Melbourne and 5 hours from Adelaide in the "Green Triangle" of Western Victoria. The district is renowned for its excellent cultural, educational and sporting facilities, having four secondary colleges, three being private, with two providing boarding facilities.
Nearby recreational facilities include the Grampians National Park and Coonawarra wine district. Warrnambool, Port Fairy and Portland, renowned for their clean and attractive beaches, are within one hour’s drive from Hamilton.
Hamilton and surrounds are very well equipped with education facilities. Please access the following websites for more information:-
- Baimbridge Secondary College – www.baimbridge-co.vic.edu.au
- Good Shepherd College Primary and Secondary School - www.gsc.vic.edu.au
- George Street Primary School – www.georgestham-ps.vic.edu.au
- Gray Street Primary School – www.hamiltonps-grayst.vic.edu.au
- Hamilton and Alexandra College (Primary and Secondary) - www.hamiltoncollege.vic.edu.au
- Hamilton North Primary School – www.hamiltonnorthps.vic.edu.au
- Monivae Secondary College – www.monivae.com
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School – www3.smhamilton.catholic.edu.au
Penshurst, settled at the foot of the extinct volcano Mt Rouse, is located in a rural setting 30 minutes from Hamilton and within 1 hour’s drive of clean and safe beaches and the Grampians National Park. Fine historical Bluestone buildings are a feature of the town. Natural attractions include the self-watering spring and wetlands garden inside the town perimeter.
The town boasts a Historical railway station, a Chocolate Factory, open for daily tastings, and the Points Arboretum located on the southern outskirts of town on the Coleraine-Portland Rd.
Last updated: 20 July 2018